Online businesses are mushrooming day by day searching for new customers and clients online, thereby the demand for working with a “digital marketing consultant” is increasing dramatically.
If you are dreaming to become a successful digital marketing consultant, you need to be well-versed and familiar with the following digital marketing trends:
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Social Media Marketing (SMM)
• Content Marketing Strategy
• Paid Marketing (Google Adwards, FB, Twitter, Linkedin)
• Branding & Reputation management
• Youtube & Video Marketing
• Influencer marketing
• Local & International Marketing
• Email Marketing
• Digital Display Marketing (Ad Ops)
• Web Analytics and Reporting
• Mobile Marketing (App store optimization)
Well, these are just the raw material of powerful digital marketing trends. But you need to understand the recipe to cook the right plan of action for the digital marketing of any business then only you can become a proficient digital marketing consultant in 2020.
Here’s the formula for becoming a successful digital marketing consultant in 2020
Definitely, you will find myriads of tricks and tactics, but here we are narrating certain unique and most helpful methods that if followed efficiently, will lead you as winning Digital Marketing Consultant in 2020.
Define Your Niche
The very first and significant thing is, before looking for clients, you need to decide what exactly you are offering them. Based on your specific skills and clients needs you can determine your market niche.
Examine, in which area you could go long, like:
• Are you a conversion optimization expert or lead generation expert?
• Do you specialize in SEO & traffic generation?
• Are you a Social Media expert or Branding expert or Social media influender?
• Are you Paid Marketing expert or App marketing expert?
• Do you build highly-effective email nurturing series?
Build Your Own Presence
Once you have determined the service domains that you will be offering, next thing is to make your own presence, online as well as offline.
Online presence is the key to your digital marketing business. For this, you can build your own website like Neil patel who is a successful digital marketer. It will represent your services so that the potential clients could easily find them.
Importance of having your own website:
• It will serve as a hub for your business
• Visitors can learn and reach the services you offer
• You can add the case studies and testimonials from previous clients
• Clients can easily contact you
This is the most effective action which will flourish your chances of becoming a successful digital marketing consultant.
Starting the blog writing and publishing related to your consulting services and seo, smo tips and solutions will strengthen your online presence and build an engaging and compelling value proposition for you as a professional. People start following you as subject matter expert.
Before you start blogging consider these essential points:
• The blog must have a relevant focus on your services, tips, use cases
• The blog should be SEO friendly
• Don’t make it too much self-promoting
• Focus on effectual and promotion of the blog
• Modify your content or blog according to particular social media platform
Develop A Strong Network
The absolute place to spread awareness of your consulting services is your network. The more you grow the network, more are the chances to become prominent and get the clients.
Following points will help you to enhance your network:
• Use your previous corporate connections
• Reach out to former managers, co-workers, professors or other prospects and ask for a casual meeting
• They will help you by recommending your services to individuals looking for digital marketing consultants
• If you are new, offer your services for free to potential clients and ask for a testimonial
• Connect with someone who has huge connections in your industry
Be Active On Social Media
Social media platforms are notably prospering and acquiring the greatest number of users gradually. As per the recent statistics, the number of social media users will be 3.2 billion up to 2021.
It has also found that Facebook is the topmost social network having 2.06 billion monthly active users, and other social medias like Whatsapp and YouTube have also occupied a maximum number of users.
So, of course, social media is an immense platform for promoting your services and connecting with the potential and existing clients. And this needs you to stay active and in tune with such social media platforms.
Why need of being active on social media:
• Help and support your network friends and your local area people
• Stay updated with the latest happenings
• Promote your Digital Marketing services
• Gain valuable customer insights
• Run targeted ads with real-time results
• Find out what your competitors are doing
• Influence your presence
Attend Local Startup, Marketing & Tech Events
Even if you are well doing as a digital marketing consultant, but for achieving the top level success, you will require the continuous expansion of your network. For this, you have to start meeting new people by attending various startup, marketing & tech events and join as a speaker would be great.
Meetup like platforms is the best source where you can find a number of business groups and digital marketing events and connect with them in real time.
This will help you to analyze:
• What organizations do the people belong to?
• What recurring events do they attend?
• What challenges do they discuss together?
Become Influencer On Social Media
Becoming a social media influencer you will be building relationships with the individuals who can build relationships with you. About 49% of people say they look for suggestions from influencers before purchasing a product or service.
Most of the customers find influencers as a real and closer to home than many big name endorsers and celebrities. So being a social media influencers you can achieve the maximum trust of your clients along with a direct communication tunnel.
As a social media influencer you will be able to:
• Engage new target audiences
• Improve your search ranking
• Generate high-quality leads
• Build trust
• Drive conversions
Once you have effectively applied these tricks, no one can pull you back into your successful digital marketing career.
Along with above-mentioned techniques, you also necessitate recognizing your core skills and win startups and small customer to be a successful Digital Marketing Consultant.